“By 2025 we want to be the market leader for audio journalism in German speaking countries. Audio journalism for us is on the one hand podcasts, but it could also be future audio products, new business models in the area of audio. We strongly believe in audio as an opportunity for publishers to reach readers or listeners in new areas of their day-to-day life.”
6 questions to get to know Max Franke better: his background, experience with audio, his ambition for audio at Axel Springer, his envision of future of audio and more!
- You have such a long love story with creating audio products. Could you tell us more about yourself and your experience with audio?
- What is Axel Springer’s goal with the new audio unit?
- Could you give us some insights into the projects that you’re kickstarting now?
- How do you imagine the future of audio within the news media industry?
- Talking about the creator market – on a personal level, which is your favourite creator or audio product?
- What would you wish for if a fairy granted you one wish?
- Media watch: if you only read six things this month of June
- Reimagining the newsroom, making the magic happen [Part 2]
- What we learned from our “Best of Local” study tour in May 2022
- Thomas Schultz-Homberg: “There are no ready products anymore. It is a process of continual market research that we are in, and we won’t stop!”
- Develop the right skills to accelerate the transformation of your media!