We continue the line of good news: two great new speakers recently joined the programme of NWE Product Development Series on 2nd November 2021.
Kara will give us valuable insights into the product developement activities at Gannett, mainly about her latest success product USA Today Sports+.
Lianne is the leader of the BBC R&D human values team and will talk about her work that puts audiences’ core values at the heart of shaping future media services.
Kara leads the consumer product management team responsible for the largest network of national news outlets of more than 200 properties. Responsible for full product lifecycle, strategic development and optimization of experiences for web, video, native apps, newsletters and voice.
Lianne leads the BBC R&D human values team that works on putting audiences’ core values at the heart of shaping future media services. With her team they guide BBC teams to be human values-driven in their innovations, create bespoke tools for the creative process, and provide structure for evaluating products, services, and experiences using the human values framework. She is a psychologist who is passionate about enhancing experiences in a digital world and is deeply interested in providing new ways to measure value in a digital world.
Her research interests lie largely in understanding the impact of digital technology on people and societies, spans areas around human values, ethics, and metrics, as well as using positive psychology to connect create positive outcomes and valued experiences for people.
- Media watch: if you only read six things this month of June
- Reimagining the newsroom, making the magic happen [Part 2]
- What we learned from our “Best of Local” study tour in May 2022
- Thomas Schultz-Homberg: “There are no ready products anymore. It is a process of continual market research that we are in, and we won’t stop!”
- Develop the right skills to accelerate the transformation of your media!